Yahoo Recovery Steps | Recover Ymail User-name | Yahoo Lost Password
How to Recover a Forgotten Yahoo! Email Password | Yahoo Recovery Steps | Recover Ymail User-name | Yahoo Lost Password | Imagine having an important message waiting for you in your Yahoo! Mail account—but you can’t seem to get your password right nor even your user name again. Sometimes truth most be told its very frustrating. If you have not also forgotten the answers to your secret questions, or if you have a secondary email address added to your Yahoo! Mail account, you can fix the forgotten-password conundrum in short order.
As a matter of fact, yahoo! will never give you back your password, rather, you’ll be directed to reset it. This entails a couple of extra steps, but it’s a more secure solution.
- Firstly, open the Yahoo! Sign-in Helper page.
- Afterwards, enter your Yahoo! Mail email address or your phone number.
- Tip: You don’t have to include the @yahoo.com part of your email address.
- Click Continue. Yahoo! Mail’s sign-in helper will now walk you through the reset options.
If you have a mobile number associated with the account and can access text messages received there:
- Click Yes, text me an Account Key under Do you have access to this phone?. If you’re unable to receive or see text messages at that number, make sure you choose I don’t have access to this phone so you get other options for resetting your forgotten Yahoo! Mail password.
- You’ll receive an account key by text within a couple minutes. Enter it under Verify that you have this phone.
- Click Verify.
- Click Yes, send me an Account Key under Do you have access to this email?. If you suspect somebody may be reading your email or if you cannot receive messages at the address any—more, click I don’t have access to this email instead.
- Type the account key you got by email under Verify that you have access to this email.
- Click Verify.
If you do not have access to either a secondary email address or phone number, Yahoo! may ask you for other information to verify your identity, such as contacts in your Yahoo! Mail address book.