Applying for a Visa to South Africa requires you to have a valid Nigerian Immigration passport your passport validity should be at least thirty (30) days after the intended stay.
How Can I get My Nigerian Immigration Passport?
What Are the Requirement for Obtaining a Nigerian Passport?
- Guarantor’s form duly signed by a commissioner of oaths.
- Photocopy of Data page of guarantor’s passport and Photocopy of National identity card
- Drivers License
- Parents Approval Letter for minors under 16yrs
- Marriage Certificate optional
- Husband’s approval letter (if married)
- Letter of introduction for employee of government or corporate organization
- Court affidavit and police report in case of lost passport.
- Birth Certificate or Age declaration
- Letter of identification from Local Government of origin or residence
- One passport photograph
- Evidence of payments
What are your plans?
The most important considerations when handling an application for a Study Permit are that…
- A foreigner must not displace a South African citizen/resident at a local educational institution.
- The applicant must provide evidence of adequate money to both sustain themselves in South Africa and be able to pay all tuition fees and the fund must also cover all medicals with a South African medical aid scheme.
Retired Person Visa
Where to Apply For a Temporary Residence Visa
Then these are what you need to know:
In the case of some nationalities, in terms of present legislation, some nationalities cannot change their status here in South Africa but can only change their visa status by leaving South Africa and applying from their country of origin. Meaning that you may only be able to change from a temporary to a Permanent Residence Permit once you are actually outside of South Africa. In addition, it also means that you can no longer enter South Africa until the relevant visa has actually been granted by the Department of Home Affairs. Please Note that it not something that can be done in just one day.
Extension of temporary residence visa
Additional things you need to know about is that you need to apply for a new visa at least 60 calendar days before the current (existing) one expires and at least 7 days before (for visa exempt nationalities on a 30 day visa)please bear in mind that just applying does not grant you any position in the country.
Applying South Africa Visa From Nigeria
Below is the address of South Africa High Commission in Lagos
Address: Lekki Phase , I, 3rd gate, Lagos, Nigeria
Phone:+234 9 462 4200
South Africa High Commission Abuja address
Address: European Union Crescent, Abuja, Nigeria
Phone:+234 811 567 8149
Visa Requirements for South Africa
- Valid International Passport
- Ecowas passport (optional)
- 2Passport size (45mmx45mm) white background preferable.
- Application Form (BI84) fully completed in black ink only
- Copies of passport data page as well as copies of existing visa and previously issued visas.
- Recommendation letter from an Employer
- Self introduction letter with a physical address and verified phone number
- Verifiable hotel reservation
- Copy of yellow fever card
- Evidence of financial status, it should be a six months recent bank statement or financial support
- Applicant travelling on an official business trip should attach a letter of invitation or confirmation of training or conference, etc…. the letter should be from a South African Company with full details of the Company’s Authorised representative; physical address and landline number are compulsory.
- Birth Certificate for Children/Minors travelling with parents
- Only If it is requested from you, a consent letter together with copies of parents’ identification card/passport data page, which is expected to be attached in the application.
- Marriage Certificate, this is optional though it is needed especially when the intended stay will be for more than 90 days.
- Booking confirmable Flight
CHECK HERE- SOUTH AFRICA VISA REQUIREMENTS
SOUTH AFRICAN HIGH COMMISSION, NIGERIA (CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AND PRINT THE SOUTH AFRICAN VISA APPLICATION FORM)
How Can I Apply for a South African Visa?
South Africa visa fee
You are advised to make sure that you have all necessary documents indicated on the requirement CHECK-LIST else the possibility of getting a visa might be slim
Applicant Submission Time
South Africa Visa Processing Time In Nigeria
application entries are accepted daily in Lagos while 160 entries are
accepted in Abuja. If you are the 211th person in Lagos or 161 person
in Abuja, you will be asked to return the next day.
Successful Applicants’ are advised to come with their receipt which was issued to them at the time of submission of visa application.
SMS notification will be sent to you once your application is submitted to South African Embassy, Notification will also be sent to you via SMS for collection when your passport arrives back to the VSF Global Centre.
Tracking My Application
- Enter your Reference Number
- Enter your Date of Birth
What is The Meaning of VFS Global?
VFS Global Lagos Office Addresses
Address: BLOCK 94, PLOT 23,
LEKKI-EPE EXPRESSWAY LEKKI SCHEME 1, LAGOS
South Africa Visa Application Centre, Abuja.
No. 38, Lobito Crescent,
Wuse 2, Abuja.