Travel News: Requirements for Naturalisation in Austria
Here we have all requirement a person needs to meet before becoming an Australian citizen: Republic Austria, travel-news, update
TRAVEL NEWS – AUSTRIA UPDATES
- Evidence of sufficient means of subsistence
- Good attitude towards the Republic of Austria
- Renunciation of former nationality (if feasible and reasonable)
- Knowledge of the democratic system and history of Austria and Vienna
- Evidence of German language skills (German)
- Continuous legal residence (basically ten years)
- No ban on residence (Aufenthaltsverbot) and no pending procedure to revoke
the leave to remain (Verfahren zur Aufenthaltsbeendigung) in Austria or
any other EEA country as well as no issuing of an expulsion order
(Ausweisung) within the past twelve months
- Clear criminal record (no convictions and no pending criminal proceedings neither in
Austria nor abroad, no serious administrative offences)
- Travel News: Requirements for Naturalisation in Austria:Republic Austria, travel-news, update
In a situation where there are no legal claim to naturalisation other relevant factors are considered such as the standard requirements for naturalisation, the general public interest, the degree of integration and the overall conduct of the applicant (Art 11 of the Austrian Citizenship Act (StbG) – German). Read More: KarisasTravel News
READ MORE: NIGERIA TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Here are more details on becoming an Austrian citizen – Children (including adoptive children) of Austrian nationals who are younger than 14 years of age do not have to prove German language skills and knowledge of history, do not need a proof of sufficient means of subsistence, and do not have to renounce their former nationality.
Children who were born on or after 1 August 2013 acquire Austrian nationality by descent, also if they were born out of wedlock and their father is an Austrian national if paternity has been acknowledged or established within eight weeks after the birth of the child.
READ MORE: TRAVEL NEWS ON FIJI UPDATE
Other ways of obtaining citizenship
- Naturalisation as a result of legal claim
- Acquiring Austrian citizenship by extension – In certain cases, Austrian citizenship may be extended to children, spouses, and civil partners.
- Granting citizenship for extraordinary achievements (Art 10 (6) StbG)
- Obtaining Austrian citizenship by declaration (for persons who have their residence in Austria or abroad). Former Austrian citizens who lost their citizenship before 9 May 1945 due to racist and/or political persecution can reacquire their Austrian citizenship by declaration. They do not have to prove sufficient means of subsistence, German language skills, and knowledge of the democratic system and history of Austria and Vienna (Art 58c StbG).
Visa Requirement & Republic Austria, travel-news, update
Content in the Austrian law book – The Austrian Citizenship Act outlines that persons who want to become Austrian citizens have to meet certain standard requirements such as knowledge of the democratic system and history of Austria and the province where the applicant has her/his primary residence. Applicants who are younger than 14 years of age do not have to prove knowledge of history.
History of Vienna: 800 KB PDF
Applicants will receive the learning materials for the other part of the citizenship test when they fix a date for the test. The learning materials provided by the federal government are available for download from the website of the Austrian Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs. The Austrian Federal Ministry of the Interior is responsible for the contents of the learning material.
Republic Austria, travel-news, update
Please follow and like us: