Original NYSC Certificate | Collection/Replacement of Exemption Letter.
Karisas Travel taught as much as bringing you details on the requirements for collection/replacement of certificate of exemption this we know could pose a serious challenge to many who will always go to the internet to search for words like: nysc certificate of exemption, nysc certificate verification, nysc certificate number sample, nysc certificate format, sample of nysc discharge certificate, nysc certificate sample, nysc verification portal, nysc exemption letter 2016.
In accordance with the National Youth Service Corps Decree 1993 section 2 subsection (1) which stipulated that;
"With effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall NOT be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification" :
COLLECTION/REPLACEMENT OF CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION
- He is over the age of thirty (30) years
- He has served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months; or
- The Nigerian Security Organization or
- The State Security Service, or
- The National Intelligence Agency or
- The Defence Intelligence Service
- He has been conferred with any National Honour.
Graduates from Nigerian or abroad trained who have the stipulated qualification of (B.SC, B.A or HND) from approved or accredited Institution by any of the following educational bodies;
PROCESS OF COLLECTION OF CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION
HOME TRAINED GRADUATES
- The tertiary institutions attended. The School submits the master list of their graduates alongside with the Senate approved result to NYSC.
- A print-out is processed by NYSC classifying those to be called up for service and those to be exempted. This print-out is sent back
- With the print-out, the Certificates of Exemption are produced, documented and sent back to the Institutions for issuance to the appropriate persons.
- Please note: Collection of Certificate of Exemption for home trained graduates is only done in the Institution of graduation and not in NYSC office.
FOREIGN TRAINED GRADUATES
- After the evaluation of credentials the foreign trained graduate is then registered and this is physically done at the NYSC directorate headquarters, Abuja. It is at the point of registration that the classification of who to be called-up or who to be exempted; is determined.
- Certificates of Exemption are therefore produced for those exempted from service.
- Such Certificates of Exemption for foreign graduates are to be collected at the NYSC directorate headquarters at the stipulated time communicated.
- Collection of Certificate of Exemption is grouped under the three batches of the service year, depending on the date of registration. This equally would be communicated to exempted graduates at the point of registration.
- Collection of Certificate of Exemption is strictly with identification such as International passport and the bearer MUST BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT.
Foreign trained graduates are to submit handwritten application with the attachment of photocopy of International passport –data page and original Certificate of Exemption to be addressed to the Director-General, NYSC NDHQ, Abuja, indicating their address and telephone number.
REPLACEMENT OF NYSC CERTIFICATE
- A letter of notification/request routed through the Institution of graduation and addressed to the Director-General, NYSC.
- Police Extract/Report
- Court Affidavit
- Where available, a copy of the lost Certificate of Exemption
- Full detailed letter of notification/request addressed to the Director-General, NYSC.
- A copy of Police Extract/Report
- Any known Nigeria court Affidavit
- A data page & Photocopy of International passport
- Copy of the lost Certificate of Exemption (optional)