Nigeria Immigration Recruitment Portal – Download 2017/2018 Forms Online
Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment Form and Guide 2017/2018 – The NIS has in some years ago witnessed series of changes since it was pulled out from the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) in the year 1958 as a full commission of its own. The Immigration Department (ID) as it was known since back then was assigned with the fundamental Immigration responsibilities under the headship of the CFIO – (Chief Federal Immigration Officer).
You can read more about;
Nigeria immigration recruitment portal; Nigeria immigration recruitment 2017/2018; Nigeria immigration service recruitment; Nigeria immigration news today; nigerian immigration service ranks; recruitment Nigerian customs; Nigeria civil defence recruitment; Nigeria immigration recruitment 2017, NIS salary scale
Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2017/2018
Did you know that the department in its beginning inherited the Immigration Ordinance of 1958 for its operation. At inception, the department had a narrow operational possibility and maintained a low profile and simple approach in attaining the desired goals and objectives of the Federal government of Nigeria. During this period, only the Visa and Business Sections were set up in this commission.
For those of us who wants to join the NIS, the guidelines below which is usually given officially by Nigeria Immigration Service for the conducting of recruitment interview/test exercise, and were indeed applied during the previous nation-wide exercise which ended in disaster and occasioned the death of 23 graduate applicants – Read more:
Please note that all prospective Candidates are to participate in the physical fitness test and must fulfill the following: –
- Should be between 18-35 years old.
- Male candidates shall not be less than 1.68-meter-tall with full expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 meter while female candidates shall not be less than 1.65 meter tall.
- Should not have any physical deformity.
Candidates are to come into the examination halls with only their acknowledgement slips; pencils and erasers for the written examination.
The examination shall commence 4:00 pm and not later than the approved commencement time.
- The duration of the examination is 30 minutes.
- Candidates are expected to circle answers on the question paper.
- Security will be provided by the state commands and Civil Defence. Candidates are expected to co-operate fully with them.
Team leaders should address the accredited candidates prior to commencement of the examination in other to certify that the question papers have not been tampered with.
Apply for Nigerian Immigration Service 2017/2018 Recruitment
Team leaders should submit all examination materials immediately on arrival from venues. On no account, should examination materials be taken home, as doing so will attract severe penalty.
Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment Form and Guide – 2017/2018 – Guidelines for Recruitment
Below are guidelines/requirements for recruitment of various cadres of staff into the employment of the Nigeria Immigration Service (as published by the organization sometime ago).
CATEGORY A – SUPERINTENDENT CADRE
Applicants must possess a minimum of a first Degree from a recognized University.
CATEGORY B – INSPECTORATE AND ASSISTANT CADRE
Inspector of Immigration
- Applicants must be holders of HND obtained from a recognized Polytechnic
- Assistant Inspector of Immigration
- Applicants must be holders of NCE/OND obtained from a recognized Institution or GCE A’Level in two subjects obtained at a sitting or three subjects obtained at two sittings.
Senior Immigration Assistant
- Applicants must be holders of NCE/OND obtained from recognized institutions or GCE A’Level in two subjects obtained at a sitting or three subjects obtained at two sittings.
- Applicants must be holders of SSCE or its equivalent with credits in not less than three subjects including English language.
- Immigration Assistant-II
- Applicants must be holders of SSCE or its equivalent with credit in not less than three subjects in English language. In the case of GCE O’level, applicants must possess five passes at two sittings including English language.
- Immigration Assistant-III
- Applicants must be holders of S. 75 from government approved secondary schools or JSSCE.
CATEGORY C – PROFESSIONALS/ARTISANS
Candidates will also be recruited into various professions such as a. Refrigerators and Air-condition Technicians, b. Generator Mechanics,c. Carpentry and Joinery, Painting and Decoration, d. Welding, e. Mason, f. Electrical Technician/Engineer, g. Plumber, h. Electronic, i. Motor Mechanic.
Applicants must be holders of S.75 from government approved secondary schools or JSSCE in addition to Trade Test Certificates.
- Any certificate or qualification not declared or tendered and accepted at a recruitment centre is not acceptable after recruitment.
- Applicants must be Nigerians by birth
- Applicants must be medically fit and must produce certificate of medical fitness from a government hospital.
Candidates with any of the following problems need not apply; Short sight, Ear Problem, Previous major orthopedic operation, Flat foot, Fracture, Stammering or any Natural deformity.
- Applicants must be free from previous conviction by a court of law or tribunal on criminal grounds.
- Applicants who are computer literate, have an added advantage.
Do not forget that if you need us to help you with information at the right time about Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment Form 2017/2018, kindly provide us your email Address in the subscription box below. Also, feel free to ask any question pertaining to this guide.
Tag related to nis recruitment
- immigration recruitment portal
- recruitment nigerian customs
- nigeria immigration recruitment 2016/2017
- nis recruitment latest news
- nigeria civil defence recruitment
- nigeria immigration service recruitment exam date
- nigeria immigration recruitment 2017
- nigeria immigration service recruitment 2017