Latest Update Federal Inland Revenue Service Recruitment 2017 | How to Apply for FIRS Recruitment – Federal Inland Revenue Services Recruitment 2017 is about to start. Yea, the promises made by the government in July is about to get fulfilled.
Minister of finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun had promised that the government was going to employ 7,500 graduates and 5,000 non graduates as Community Tax Liaison Officers to raise tax awareness among citizens thereby increasing the number of tax payers.
As a matter of fact this article meant for you if you are searching for any of the headlines
- www.firs.gov.ng recruitment 2017/2018
- when is FIRS recruitment coming up?
- how do i apply for Federal Inland Revenue Services Recruitment 2017
- www.firs.gov.ng recruitment 20172
- federal inland revenue service salary
- first recruitment portal 2017.
Latest Update Federal Inland Revenue Service Recruitment 2017 | How to Apply for FIRS Recruitment
- firs recruitment 2017
- federal inland revenue service lagos
- firs shortlisted candidates for 2017
- firs recruitment list
Related: Install Whatsap Today on PC
I know your interest really is not in raising whatever awareness but in getting the job. It is okay but just don’t tell them that. It is between me and you. Just get the job and we will talk about that.
Now that Baba, our able president is back, the recruitment process is about to begin. Though some blogs have it that they started on 29th August.
The truth is that there is no official release to that effect and nothing too is in their website, www.firs.gov.ng. You can check out yourself. This page will be updated as soon as it becomes official.
NOTE: You should know everything about the recruitment. Right about time to prepare for it. We will take you on everything you need to know to prepare yourself for the recruitment process.
All you should know about Federal Inland Revenue Service
What is First Inland Revenue Service?
The Nigerian Federal Inland Revenue Service was created in 1943, when it was carved out of the erstwhile Inland Revenue Department that covered what was then the Anglo-phone West Africa during the colonial era.
According to what they have on their site, their mission is “To operate a transparent and an efficient tax system that optimises tax revenue collection and voluntary compliance”.
NIA 2017 recruitment Ongoing
Check Federal Ministries Recruiting Now
On the other hand, their vision is “To deliver quality services to taxpayers in partnership with all stakeholders and make taxation the pivot of national development”.
In a nutshell therefore, they handle your tax payment issues. I bet you might not be happy with me for this bullshit. Why not get to the point and tell us about the jobs. Don’t worry, will get there in a jiffy.
Why are they recruiting?
Federal Inland Revenue Service is recruiting because they want to raise task awareness and achieve the following:
- First Raising additional assessment while examining tax returns
- Furthermore Ensuring uniform application of Tax Laws, Tax Regulations and Information circulars
- Similarly Supervising a number of Officers responsible for the assessment of small companies, individual business concerns, partnerships, estates and trust.
- Conducting enquiries into the affairs of small companies
- Following up such cases as are in dispute through the appeal procedures.
FIRS Recruitment Responsibilities
If Federal Inland Revenue Service employs you, you will be doing the following:
- The successful candidate should be highly organized, numerate and possess strong interpersonal skills to support and represent the team where necessary, externally and internally.
- The individual will ideally have commercial-business knowledge with ability to interpret business numbers and strategies of profit derivation in tax accounting.
- The position requires someone who is a self-starter and requires little supervision or motivation to meet challenging targets and deadlines. Current membership of a relevant professional institution is essential
- Firstly a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant disciplines in the quantitative field
- Or Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant disciplines in the quantitative field
- Furthermore Computer literacy and conversancy with Microsoft office, Web Applications and the use of relevant applications for efficient delivery of service
- Similarly Strong leadership and management skills
- Similarly Strong team spirit and ability to effectively delegate
- Also Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Nevertheless Strong Analytical skills
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Tax Laws and appreciation of their application and understanding of the regulatory framework within which the FIRS operates;
- Knowledge of business/industry environment within which taxpayers operate
- Lastly ability to work as a regulator with the courage to ensure full compliance with laws
- A successful track record of consistent personal achievement and a desire to learn/improve with knowledge
Demonstrated experience through the following will enhance your chance of getting recruited into Federal Inland Revenue Service:
- Conversant with Nigerian Tax principles, laws and applications
- Prioritization of task and identification of needed resources to conceptualize ideas into actionable steps.
- Professional skill/courage in enforcement of tax laws application
- Analyzing large/medium/micro & small scale business accounts
- Virtualizing possible gaps in business transactions
- Interpretation of business accounts
- Good knowledge of taxation principles and laws
- Experience in applications of tax laws and enforcement of tax laws
- Proven track record of delivering set targets
- People Management and development
Minimum Character Attribute:
- Be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence or should not have been indicted at or dismissed from their places of work or other environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Minimum Past Performance level:
- Demonstrated ability to determine conformity and non- conformity to set standards in processes and procedures AND demonstrated courage and ability to eliminate, rectify or close determined non-conformity to standard character attributes
- Demonstrated courage in ensuring change within the organization he or she has worked through the effective discharge of his or her responsibility in spite of resistance to change efforts
- Demonstrable impactful presence in the work place as a direct result of the individual’s ability to effect positive and sustainable change in his/her environment
Federal Inland Revenue Service Recruitment Application Requirements
Applicants are also to note that regardless of the position advertised, any of the following will be an added advantage:
- Master’s degree in related discipline
- Relevant and recognized professional certification and qualification
Other General Requirement(s)
In addition all Applicants must:
- Firstly Have an NYSC Discharge or exemption certificate
- Afterward Be certified as mentally fit for appointment into the Service by a recognized Medical Doctor in any of these class of Government Hospitals:
- National Hospital
- Likewise Government Teaching Hospitals
- Federal Medical Centers
- Furthermore Provide contact details for three references (from last employer, a close family relation and tertiary institution) from whom confidential reports on character and demonstrated abilities can be obtained
- Present a certificate of State of Origin and Local Government signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Government. Certificates endorsed by Liaison offices will not be accepted.
- Lastly FIRS considers computer proficiency a key requirement for anyone who aspires for a job in the Service.
Application Closing Date
Yet to be announced
How to Apply For Federal Inland Revenue Service Recruitment
When Federal Inland Revenue Service finally starts the application for this year’s recruitment, we expect them to open their website. It will be in www.firs.gov.ng.
- First and foremost candidate should follow the instructions in filling application.
- Furthermore Only suitable applications shall scale through.
- Similarly All individuals must apply ONE position.
- Also Multiple applications not allowed else disqualification.
- Upon submission, applicants shall receive reference number as aknowledgment.
- Lastly Only shortlisted candidates invited for interview.