CBN Recruitment 2018/2019 – Latest Update – www.cbn.gov.ng
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is the Central bank and apex monetary authority of Nigeria established by the CBN Act of 1958 and commenced operations on July 1, 1959.
The major regulatory objectives of the bank as stated in the CBN Act are to: maintain the external reserves of the country, promote monetary stability and a sound financial environment, and to act as a banker of last resort and financial adviser to the federal government.
The central bank’s role as lender of last resort and adviser to the federal government has sometimes pushed it into murky regulatory waters.
After the end of imperial rule the desire of the government to become pro-active in the development of the economy became visible especially after the end of the Nigerian civil war, the bank followed the government’s desire and took a determined effort to supplement any short falls in credit allocations to the real sector.
CBN Banks Recruitment – Requirements, Procedures and Application Guide
The bank soon became involved in lending directly to consumers, contravening its original intention to work through commercial banks in activities involving consumer lending.
However, the policy was an offspring of the indigenisation policy at the time. Nevertheless, the government through the central bank has been actively involved in building the nation’s money and equity centers, forming securities regulatory board and introducing treasury instruments into the capital market.
CBN Education Qualification.
- West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with credits in not less than three (3) Subjects including English Language and two (2) other Subjects, or better still a National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including English Language.
Central Bank of Nigeria Recruitment Policy;
All appointments shall be made on the basis of merit, through a fair and open selection process. The principles underlying the recruitment process are those of fairness, credibility, equal employment opportunities, merit and optimization of career prospects for currently employed staff.
The following are the core disciplines required for employment at the CBN:
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
CBN Complete Requirement
- First, a minimum of B.Sc Degree or H.N.D from a reputable institution.
- Secondly, a minimum of Second Class Lower Division from any discipline.
- Thirdly, applicants must not be more than 30 years old – i.e. 27 years Less than 30 years.
- Applicant must have Excellent Communication skills.
How To Apply: Visit CBN websites for more information about Central Bank of Nigeria Recruitment www.cbn.gov.ng/
NOTICE: Applicants who fully meet the requirements will be considered for application and are to be considered for Aptitude Test.
Thanks for reading CBN Banks Recruitment – Requirements, Procedures and Application Guide. comment below for more update.