Applying for American College of Surgeons International Guest Scholarships 2019
This guide will reveal more on How to apply for American College of Surgeons International Guest Scholarships 2019. Also, if you re seeking for an international scholarship, then this article will go a long way in your career.
American College of Surgeons invites application from students who want to participate in the ACS Clinical Congress.
- how to become a fellow of the American college of surgeons
- fellow American college of surgeons list
- how to apply for fics
- how to become a fellow of the international college of surgeons
- American college of surgeons membership
- American college of surgeons logo
- The American college of surgeons address
- fellow of the American college of surgeons lookup
The American College of Surgeons (ACS) offers International Guest Scholarships to young surgeons from countries other than the U.S. or Canada who have demonstrated strong interest in teaching and research.
The scholarships, in the amount of $10,000 each, provide the scholars with an opportunity to take part in clinical, teaching, and research activities in the U.S. and Canada and to attend and participate fully in the educational opportunities and activities of the ACS Clinical Congress.
This scholarship endowment was originally provided through the legacy left to the College by Paul R. Hawley, MD, FACS (Hon), former College Director.
To qualify for consideration by the selection committee, the following requirements must b fulfilled:
- First and foremost applicants must b graduates of schools of medicine who have completed their surgical training.
- Also, applicants must b ages 35–50 years on the date that the application is filed.
- Applicants must submit their applications from their intended permanent location. Applications will be accepted for processing only when the applicants have been in surgical practice, teaching, or research for a minimum of one year at their intended permanent location, following completion of all formal training (including fellowships and scholarships).
- Applicants must have demonstrated a commitment to teaching and/or research in accordance with the standards of the applicant’s country.
- Early careerists re deemed more suitable than those who are serving in senior academic appointments.
- Applicants must provide a list of all their publications and must submit, in addition, three complete publications (reprints or manuscripts) of their choice from that list.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have not already experienced training or surgical fellowships in the U.S. or Canada.
- Applicants must submit independently prepared letters of recommendation from three of their colleagues. One letter must be from the chair of the department in which they hold an academic appointment or a Fellow of the ACS residing in their country. The chair’s or the Fellow’s letter is to include a specific statement detailing the nature and extent of the teaching and other academic involvement of the applicant. As a matter of fact, letters of recommendation should b submitted by the person making the recommendation.
- Similarly, the on-line application form is structured to assist the Scholarship Selection Subcommittee and assists the applicant in submitting a structured CV.
- The International Guest Scholarships must b used in the year for which they re designated. They cannot b postponed.
- Nevertheless, applicants who re awarded scholarships will provide a written report of the experiences provided through the scholarships upon completion of their tours.
- Lastly, an unsuccessful applicant may reapply only twice and only by completing and submitting a new application together with new supporting documentation.
How to Apply.
First and foremost, all applicants must submit a fully completed application form provided by the College on its website. The application and accompanying materials must b submitted in English. Submission of curriculum vitae (CV) only is not acceptable.
All applicants will be notified of the selection committee’s decision in November 2018. Furthermore, applicants re urged to submit their completed applications and supporting documents as early as possible to provide sufficient time for processing.
Questions about and application materials for this scholarship should be sent to [email protected].
For more information, visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: July 2, 2018
If you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about Applying for American College of Surgeons International Guest Scholarships 2019, Simply provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.