Agric Science Questions For WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, GCE Practice Questions
Agric Science Questions For WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, GCE Practice Questions. This is a complete guide to getting A1 for that long exam you have been trying to sort out for a long time.
Below we have past, present questions for practice, please read them and attempt all questions in preparation for that WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, GCE exams.
SECTION A (Objective)
- Crop rotation is necessary_______ (a) for beauty on a farm (b) to maintain soil nutrient (c) to encourage farmers not to leave the job (d) to demonstrate our knowledge and experience in agriculture (e) to get an agricultural loan from banks
- Which of these is not an advantage of crop rotation? (a) it gives the farmer more sources of income (b) it gives the farmer more variety of food for a balanced diet (c) it makes the soil more productive (d) it starves pest and some diseases of some crops to death (e)it reduces the number of workers on the farm
- Which of these is a cover crop? (a) beans (b) yam (c) rice (d) maize (e) guinea corn
- The idea of using legumes in crop rotation is because________ (a) they beautify the farm (b) they fix nitrogen into the soil (c) they yield more money than tubers (d) they don’t have money pest (e) they are easy to cultivate
- The nutrient that urea supplies to a soil is_______ (a) potassium (b) phosphorus (c) urine (d) nitrogen (e) sodium
- The most common type of fertilizer used by Nigerian is_______ (a) ammonium nitrate (b) urea (c) NPK (d) potassium nitrate (e) single fertilizer
- For tree crops, the best way to supply fertilizer is_______ (a) broadcasting (b) row placement (c) side dressing (d) ring method (e) all of the above
- Sinking of rain water is doss owed nutrients far beyond the reach of the root of crops is termed_______ (a) erosion (b) mulching (c) ringing (d) cropping (e) fibres
- Which of these is not macro-nutrients? (a) iron (b) calcium (c) magnesium (d) nitrogen (e) potassium
- Which of these is a micro-nutrient? (a) calcium (b) sodium (c) iron (d) magnesium (e) oxygen
Use these options for question 12 – 16
- Monocroping (b) relay cropping (c) continuous cropping (D) crop rotation
- A farmer who plants maize in April, harvest it and plants soya beans in July, harvest it plants cassava in October is practicing_______
- A farmer who divides his plot into four parts with four different crops interchanged yearly in a sequence is practicing_______
- Which practice has the greatest assurance of success?
- Which one reduces the need for fertilizer?
- Planting of cassava on a plot at a time is_______
- A system of farming whereby both plants and animals are reared together on the same farm is together on the same farm is known as_______ (a) taungya (b) mixed cropping (c) mixed farming arable farming
- Keeping animals like cattle, sheep and goat is_______ (a) Fulani farming (b) animal farming (c) pastoral farming (d) ruminant farming (e) mixed farming
- Which is a cover crop? (a) yam (b) potato (c) cocoa (d) cowpea (e) cassava
- A pasture legume is _______ (a) centrosema (b) guinea grass (c) goat weed (d) cowpea (e) guinea corn
Instruction: Answer any four questions.
1a. Define soil conservation.
- Describe methods of conserving soil nutrient.
2a. State two effects of soil conservation practice on the environment.
- List three human activity that can lead to loss of soil nutrient.
3a. Define Fishery
- Classify fishes based on habitat and morphology
4a. State two uses of fishes and fish products.
- List and explain three methods of fishery.
5a. Write at list one advantage and disadvantage of each type of cropping system.
- State the principles of crop rotation.
6a. Write two advantages and disadvantages of each type of farming system.
- List three type of farming system
- Define soil Fertility
7a. Explain Farming system
- Define animal husbandry.
8a. Mention three system of farm animal husbandry.
- Write three advantages and disadvantages of each of the system
9a. Classify animal feedstuff into three.
- State the three types of animal diet and describe them.
- Explain four maintenance of soil fertility.